Even if you’ve never been to Houston, the pride in their hometown goes deep into the heart of the Lone Star State. A big, beautiful territory with shining cities offset by expansive ranches, we’ve loved our opportunities to work with clients and their new pool installations in Texas. As pool financing experts, we get to meet with people from across the country and hear their stories and their big plans “once the pool is done.” That makes our job gratifying.
A customer told us about the story behind the state’s famous, unofficial motto. We never knew! We looked it up and found the fun fact on History.com in the Nine Things You May Not Know About Texas article. Number 7: Don’t Mess with Texas. It started as an anti-litter message:
In the 1980s Texas spent about $20 million a year cleaning up trash along its highways. “It was not uncommon to see cowboys driving down the street tossing a beer can out the window,” said Mark S. Saka, a history professor at Sul Ross State University. As a result, the state Department of Transportation hired an advertising agency to help with its anti-litter campaign. The agency came up with the phrase “Don’t mess with Texas,” which first aired on television during the 1986 Cotton Bowl and has since turned into an unofficial slogan for Texas pride. “It caught on,” Saka said. “I actually have a bumper sticker that says that.”
Houston Marriot Texas Pool
Not since New York City’s View Restaurant & Lounge featuring a revolving rooftop restaurant that spins 360° degrees to display Manhattan’s vistas has there been such talk of a Marriott!
The National Football League’s headquarters for last year’s Super Bowl boasted a river in the shape of Texas. This one of a kind pool flows on the roof of Houston’s then newest hotel: the Marriott Marquis Houston.
The stats according to CNN Travel:
- The pool is perched 110 feet above street level atop the hotel, the $10 million Parkview Terrace includes the lazy river, an infinity pool and a poolside bar and grill.
- The river is 3.6 feet deep and flows with a gentle current that carries guests around the state in less than 15 minutes. If the meandering shape of Texas was straightened out, the pool would be 510 feet long. It holds 140,000 gallons or 18,740 cubic feet.
- For swimmers more interested in laps than floating along the bubbling lazy river decked out with water cannons and waterfalls, there’s also an infinity pool on the rooftop.
- The hotel, which was built on city-owned land, connects via sky bridge to the George R. Brown Convention Center. It’s located near Minute Maid Ballpark, where the Houston Astros play, and the Toyota Center, where the Houston Rockets play.
That qualifies as pool pride too!
Location. Location. Location.
Besides the fun facts, even if you don’t have “Marriott Money” to spend on your pool, Lyon Financial has plenty of financing options for pools in Houston, some pool financing for Texas exclusively.
If you envision outdoor kitchens, fire pits, travertine decking, moss and rock waterfalls, flagstone coping, cascading fountains, natural rock weeping walls, and the endless array of options for the modern pool, you can have it all.
If some or all of those options do not make sense for your pool budget, consider that in the hands of the best pool contractors in Houston, the simplest pool silhouette can be made spectacular with lighting and landscaping. Never underestimate the one-two punch of those singular design elements. Chaise lounges and plush textiles add a rich dimension as well.
Pool Financing Options
The financial possibilities are endless too!
- Loans to $100,000
- Low, fixed rates
- Terms to 20 years
- No fees-points-processing-costs
- Virtually paperless process that’s fast, easy and secure
If you love the state you’re in and want to love your home even more, a backyard pool may just take that Texas pride over the top.
What’s special about pools in Houston is that the architecture and the setting for these pools are so unique it creates a natural ambiance to any new pool installation.
What’s even more special is that we get to play a part in a whole new chapter of our client families’ lives. THAT’S something to be proud about too!
We love the difference we can make for your family by providing something that puts years of memories within reach. Call 877-754-5966 for more information.